Friday, September 24, 2010

Guy Collins - Washed Out: Belong


I really like this video for some reason I can't put my finger on. I love the way he manages to combine the disparate style of the drawings of the astronaut with the CGI planets. I love the simple narrative of trying to escape the planet. I love how it's all in one shot, and he maintains interest at every point and creates a sense of development, starting from a close-up look at the astronaut and then zooming out showing the destroyed planet then showing how time passes with the zooming of the planets and culminating with the suspenseful moment when the rocket launches and there's this pause where you wonder if it'll make it. I really admire the variety of style and technique in this and the previous two vids I've just posted by Guy Collins. Great work!! (and great choice of music in all vids)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers